background

Friday, February 3, 2012

Snow day!

Here we are in February! I am always happy to have January over with because it seems to drag on forever, but this year it flew by without a second thought. I think it has something to do with the mild winter we have had this year. The month really didn't hold anything exciting. Just a lot of homework, I got a short cold, normal church activities, Michael's parents and sister came to visit, we went to the movies... and that's about all the high lights I can think of. I know, you envy my glamorous life. HA!
February promises a little more excitement. Today, for instance, we have a snow day! Michael's boss drives about an hour on I-76 to get to FM and he decided it wasn't worth the risk today so the shop is closed. MCC is also closed today so we're pretty much home for the day. I have some grocery shopping to do, but at least I won't have to take the kids. I can't wait to take James out in the snow! Some of my favorite childhood memories are playing in the snow. One thing that Michael and I are not accustomed to is shoveling the sidewalk. We live in town and it's against code not to shovel it. I understand why we have to do it, but I can't wait until we move back to the place where we don't even have sidewalks. We will be visiting the Valley twice this month. Once to see Michael's little brother play some basketball and once for my sister's baby shower! I'm so stoked for both events. Living in Fort Morgan I have really missed high school basketball. And planning the baby shower has been fun so now I can't wait to carry it out and see all the little baby things and actually get to see my pregnant sister! We are also planning a trip to Denver, kind of a little family get away.
James is growing up so much! He talks all the time and puts sentences together pretty well. I would say that he has a touch of the terrible twos. He doesn't like when Mitchell slobbers on his toys and he often uses the word "MINE!" But he is so sweet most of the time. He always says please and thank you and he loves his little brother. And Mitchell loves him! Mitchell looks at him like he is the only being on this planet! He is getting so close to crawling, I can tell he really wants to keep up with everyone.
To whoever reads this, I hope my blog finds you well. Have a happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment