background

Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Michael and I had a fun weekend. We went to Albuquerque on Saturday and went to the temple. It was a really good session. Michael was running late and they had to restart the session so he and three other people could come in. It was pretty funny, I’ve never seen someone so red lol. He just smiled, though. After we went to the temple, we went to a really good restaurant with some of the members of our branch. It was a really cool Brazilian restaurant called Tucanos. They bring this awesome meat to your table on skewers and they slice it for you and you grab it with these little tongs. They also bring hot pineapple on those skewers and that stuff is amazing! I definitely recommend that place. www.tucanos.com
We also had to speak in church on Sunday. It was hard to fill up the whole time so they also asked a couple other people to stand up. I think it went pretty well but I’m glad it’s over. I have to say that it is MUCH easier speaking to a branch than it is speaking to a ward.We had a good Father’s day. After church we ate dinner with the Romero’s and opened cards. Then in the evening we went to the Sand Dunes with the Dunn’s. My grandpa was able to go and he had a really good time. My dad had a good time too. My niece loves playing in the water! She didn’t want to get out and go eat and then all night she asked if we could go back to the water. We’ll have to take her back sometime. She’s really starting to talk a lot, she’s such a little character. Champ also went with us and he had a great time. He loved playing with the kids and eating all the leftovers.
Next year we’ll be celebrating Father’s Day for Michael! The baby is growing fast! I didn’t have a baby bump for quite a while, but it seemed like in one week he had a growth spurt. Michael had been working out of town for a week and when he came home his eyes went straight to my stomach and he reached out and touched it like he couldn’t believe the baby was really in there. It was pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment